Where Even Rain Is Just Another Kind of Good Weather

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The ballet, Sinatra, and suits.

Alright so my family threw me an impromptu going away 10 miles party. That, as expected, was as boring as hell, except the usual buffython I have with my cousin upstairs.

Afterward my uncle offered to take me to an outdoor ballet...in the rain. We saw the Pittsburgh Theatre Co. Ballet of 9 Songs of Sinatra, plus other such ballet-y acts.

The first act was pure ballet fluff. Tutus, Men in Tights, Classic Music, and SPARKLES...

The Second Act got interesting as the company danced to Frank Sinatra. The songs weren't very classic Frank. No NY NY. No the Way You Look Tonight. But My Way was good.

This act made me think about men in tuxedos (as every male dancer was in one). My weakness is a good man in a great tux. It increases their appeal by 1500%. And dancing in a tux? 2000%.
but with another girl? -3000%. Still a 500% appeal.

When I was in high school (back in the day, 2 months ago), I felt my knees get weak, butterfies in the belly, etc. whenever I saw boys in good suits. This happened at the annual Homecoming Dance and in Drama. Oh, even the scariest looking guy became eye candy when wearing the right attire.
Oh, boys and their tuxes, takes me to that special place....
where in the moonlight, dancing, looking deeply in his eyes, a shy blush, and then the dip, followed by a kiss...

But I'm yammering, back to the ballet...

The third act made the show intolerable. R&B ballet wasn't my favorite.

What made it an iffy then intolerable affair was the lack of heart. The dancers were like wet blankets. They did the moves and did their purpose but there was no expression of soul. They danced to love songs, the actors looked solely platonic. They looked plastic, like marionettes.
It just wasn't my thing I guess.

Well that's all for now. 1 day til college... :) Can't Wait!

Cheers Big Ears

Marley

No comments: